Learn More About the Angel Way, Annie and Karen

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Angel Way... Results

Usually, I am a very, very active person. Since having had knee surgery in late August I've had to modify my workout routine in a number of ways-- from # of days per week to level of intensity of exercise and the types of activities that I do. I'm still having lingering problems with the muscles of the lower legs. I'm far from being a couch potato, but I'm definitely not in the gym or on the hiking trail with a baby in the backcarrier 10 hours a week, either. During this time, with few exceptions, I've followed The Angel Way Guidelines religiously - pardon the pun (Annie says the Angels have a sense of humor so they must be with me as I write this). 

What results have I noticed by following the Guidelines despite changes in activity level:
  • I've maintained my weight and my clothing size within my personal comfort zone (120's size 8)
  • My hair grows more quickly
  • My skin has less flareups around my womyn's cycle
  • I don't get as bloated during that time of the month
  • I'm less irritable because my blood sugar is more stable throughout the day
  • I don't get dizzy as often (a good thing because I have ridiculously low blood pressure)
  • I feel energetic despite the change in my exercise routine
  • I feel more nourished, less deprived
  • I'm spending less time thinking about meal planning because it is so darn easy to plan meals and to eat this way
  • My kids enjoy their meals more and there is less fuss at the dinner table
  • Mykids ask what color foods give energy to different parts of their body AND mind-- they're connecting nourishment with health and vitality; they are less fussy between meals, too.
  • I'm more in tune with mySelf, from an esoteric or spiritual perspective

How do you feel? We'd love to hear from you!
Karen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great post, karen...thanks forsharing this!! i will post my results for Good Behavior later today!!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I love the kid-connection and response. Very, very cool. :)